Saturday, September 12, 2020

Repent by seeking God's face and turn from sins!



NIV 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.



Sins separate us from God, people avoid God when they have sinned against God. When we were small, if we did something wrong, we would hide and avoid seeing our parents coz we were afraid of their punishment. NIV 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." As we grow in both age and spiritual maturity, we need to put the ways of childhood behind us. 


NIV 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." God teaches us the steps for us to repent for our sins and He promises to forgive our sin and heal our land if we turn to Him. Firstly, we need to humble ourselves, we need to admit to God that we are so weak that without Him we can do nothing including resisting from evil's attacks. Then we need to pray, without prayers, we can always talk to God and build a closer relationship with Him. Thirdly, we need to seek God's face, we need to trust God that He still loves us even though we are sinners, do not avoid Him! Finally, we need to refrain from our sins, try not to do the sinful things again. Pray and ask God to help us with that!


Father, thank you for your mercy and grace on us. We are so weak that we keep on repeatedly sinning against you. We come to you with our hearts and minds today, forgive our sins, and help us recognize the unknown sins so that we can repent for them and never do them again.  We prayed in Jesus' Holy Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment