Friday, July 31, 2020

Grow up with spiritual maturity!



NIV 1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 


Lovely? Cute? Adorable? Those are the words we used to describe someone who is friendly, kind and pleasant to be with. And most of the time, we will use them when we mention about a child. Kids are the apple of parents or other adults' eyes, but they are not a perfect role model for Christians. We should learn the pure heart of kids and apply it on our relationship with God. We should be pure in heart before God and  NIV Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God" 

When we acknowledge God as our one and the only one savior, we should leave our childhood aside and follow God with a more mature "us". NIV 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." Which part of childhood you would like to abandon? Too reliance? Too emotional? or too mean to others?

Heavenly father, thank you for maturing our spirit growth. Help us to have a self-reflection on preparing ourselves to become a "man" in lieu of a spiritual child. Walk with us all the time and deliver us from evil's plan. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment