Monday, March 22, 2021

Lean not on our own understanding!




Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.


This week, I was like Peter in NIV Matthew 26:35 Peter replied, “Even if I have to die with You, I will never deny You.” And all the other disciples said the same thing. Peter affirmed to Jesus that he would never deny Him. But we all know that at the end of the day, Peter denied Jesus three times. God knows it all in advance!

I was struggling with job choices that I would never think of. When I listened to the sermon about making God's choices, I was very proud of myself that I would reject the job offer. But when it comes to making the decision, I do stumble and start to struggle with accepting the offer or not. The salary package and prospect are quite attractive, but if it is not from God, then it becomes meaningless. NIV Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. We should always go back to God and trust in Him coz He sees things through and we don't!

Father Lord, thank you for your guidance. Help us make decisions with your will as your path is always higher than ours. You are the one who exists in the past, the present, and the future. Fix our eyes on you so that we will not be distracted by temptation. We prayed in Jesus' Holy Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment