Tuesday, September 1, 2020

God is in control!




NIV Lamentations 3:19 I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. 



After Jerusalem was occupied and destroyed by the Babylonians, God told Jeremiah that unless the Jews repented, they will be taken into captivity. Jeremiah spoke to the Jews on this prophecy and punish them for their sins. But when the prophecy fulfilled, he cried for the Jews and pleaded to God to have mercy and stop the punishment.


Jeremiah lamented the broken Jerusalem after the Babylonians' attack. NIV Lamentations 3:19 "I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness a gall." Even though he knew that all the things came from the betrayal of the Jews, he still hoped God's great love and compassion won't leave his people.  While weeping, he found hope in God as God promised to treat us as His children. NIV Jeremiah 3:19 "I myself said, How gladly would I treat you like my children and give you a pleasant land, the most beautiful inheritance of any nation. I thought you would call me Father and not turn away from following me." 


Father, thank you for being with us and comforting us when we are in the midst of a hard time. We know that you are in control, let us be still and know that you are God. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment