Friday, September 11, 2020

I am the vine, you are the branches.




NIV John 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing.



Jesus said to the disciples in NIV John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing." To understand what does Jesus mean, just imagine that there is a tree. If the branches have been broken and fell on the ground for a few days, they will witter and decay very soon because of the lack of nutrient supply. God who trims the vine, chose and appointed us as the branches to bear fruit and Jesus is the true vine. If we stay connected with Him, we will naturally bear fruit. 


If we let God's words live in our hearts, He promised to give us what we ask for. Daily devotion, talking to God via prayers and attending sermons and cell groups are some ways to stay connected with Gods.  We must obey God, to stay in Him, get supplies from Him and add value to multiple His glory.


Heavenly Father, thank you for letting us dwell in you. Help us to grow fruits from you and spread your love and messages to others. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment