Thursday, July 30, 2020

Do to others what you would have them do to you!



NIV Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.


Having said that like attracts like and it has been a golden rule that "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" If you want to have a warm welcome from others, you should give out the welcome to others first. It is always more blessed to give than to take, be the initiator and take the lead! 
Amen.

Still remember when I was small, I was too shy to talk to others. But deep down my heart, I craved for others' attention. NIV Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." taught me that in order to have somebody to talk to me, I should speak up first. With God's encouragement, I started my first conversation with Hi to the little Jane sitting next to me, she smiled back and said Hi to me. How amazing it is! Indeed, this verse has a deeper insight for us, if we think the intended action is detrimental to ourselves, then we should not do that to others. We need to be considerate to others and treat others as if others treat us.

Lord, thank you for telling us how we should act in order to earn your favour. Guide us with Godly wisdom and Holy Spirit to act righteous and just to others. Teach us to be considerate and generous to others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment