Friday, February 12, 2021

Wait for Lord patiently!




NIV Psalm 130:5 I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.


Sorry, my friends, you have to wait. Waiting may mean a detriment to many of us, as we are all busy and impatient. The biggest challenge to my Christian journey is waiting for God patiently. I used to have a hectic work schedule, and so I did not even have enough time to queue up for printing documents. Everything was needed to be done immediately and my boss couldn't wait for me to sit down after l left her room.

I became very impatient as I got no time to wait for things to happen at work. So did my prayer requests! Once I have asked God for help, I want His immediate response. Sorry, I know I am wrong! God is not the Gene in the bottle nor our servant, He is our master! We receive His salvation out of His grace and love. After years, I suffered a lot from using human effort to get things done instead of waiting for God. But I was so blessed that God saw me through and He wanted me to grow in spiritual maturity. He developed my perseverance in waiting for Him. Now, just like the Psalmist in NIV Psalm 130:5 said "I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope."

Father, thank you for teaching us to wait for you instead of "helping" you to facilitate your promise. We know that we don't deserve your blessing and love but because of your grace and mercy, we are all saved from sins. Help us develop in perseverance and fix our eyes on you when we don't seem to see things happen. We prayed in Jesus' victorious name, Amen!







No comments:

Post a Comment