Thursday, February 25, 2021

God never promises us to have a life without pain!

                                                

NIV Psalm 34:19 The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.


A classical quote that we see quite often in books is God never promises us to have a life without pain. Sad but true! As Christians, we will face day-to-day challenges like what non-believers do. But we can always enjoy God's peace and presence with us during difficult times. NIV Psalm 34:19 The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.

Even though God does not promise to secure us for free from trouble, God always saves us from danger. I still remember that 3 years ago, I was eager to join a multinational company, and I got the ticket for the 3rd round interview. Everything seemed to be under my control, but I prayed for God's will to go over mine. God directed me to work for my current company instead of my favored one and indeed the company closed all the operations in my region during the pandemic outbreak. God sees things through and He is in control of everything!

Dear Lord, thank you for your faithful promise of protection. Help me not to bend your will to ours and try not to be in control of everything as your will and wisdom are higher than us. May the Holy Spirit guide us to obey your commands and ask for your confirmation before making decisions. In Jesus' name, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment