Saturday, October 31, 2020

Be earnest and repent!




NIV Revelation 3:21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.


In the book of Revelation, the Apostle John represented Jesus to convey messages to the churches in Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea. He understood that all the three churches had their own merits and demerits and God had different callings for them. John reminded the three churches of the same thing: Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

For the church in Laodicea, people were deceived by evil to be satisfied with their earthly wealth and did not realize the real situation they are in. John said they were neither cold nor hot, they needed to be earnest, repent and rearrange their priority of life. If they can take the necessary corrective steps, they can enjoy what Jesus promised in NIV Revelation 3:21 "To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne."

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing to us that you are faithful, merciful and Holy. Help to return to you and walk in your way. We prayed in the name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment