Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors!




NIV Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.


When I first heard a Christian song with the lyric from NIV Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors, I was excited as I thought if I take the literal meaning of this verse, it says my financial debts will be taken away when I let go of my debtors. Sounds great, doesn't it?

Indeed, the meaning of this verse is to forgive others like God forgives our sins. Physical wounds can always be healed easily when compared with mental ones. Especially, when we are hurt by someone we care about, it is hard for us to forgive them and let go of our wounds. Our Almighty God is here to help us get out of the hatred and hard feelings if we are willing to lay down our burdens. Repent and ask God's help to forgive others so that we can also be forgiven for our sins.

Lord, thank you for your healing and forgiveness for our sins. Help us repent to you for what we have done wrong in the past and learn how to forgive the one who hurt us deeply before. We prayed in Jesus' Holy Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment