Monday, June 1, 2020

Be an obedient servant of God!

 

NIV Proverbs 3:27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, 
when it is in your power to act.

Have you ever forsaken the chance to give your seat to the needy when you are on the train? Holy Spirit asked you to do it, but your mind told you that you were too tired and needed to remain on your seat. Solomon wrote in Proverbs 3:27 that "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act." We should do good to others when we have the ability to do so. Again, you may say you have freedom to do anything you want, but God also tells us not everything is beneficial to us. Indeed, we have freedom not to sin only. 

I used to think my parents are very annoying when they teach me what should I do in my life, I ignored them by replying them rudely. But God told me I should respect to my parent, NIV Leviticus 19:3 "Each of you must respect your mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the Lord your God.", when I became a baptized Christian, I repented to God when I was impolite to my parent. It's hard for us to do "good" every single moment, but God gives us chances for improvement.  Repent when you can't do it, but next time, try to fulfill your obligation!

Lord, thanks for the rainy days in our lives. It is unpredictable sometimes, but you promised us that you will be with us no matter what situation we are in today. Forgive us when we can't act like Jesus and guide us not to withhold good from those whom it is due, when it is in our power to act. We prayed in your son Jesus Christ's holy name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment