Monday, June 1, 2020

Be contented!



NIV Proverbs 3:18 Keep falsehood and lies far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.

In this deceitful world, people hate poverty and love rich. With money, we can buy anything we want. Look at the clothes in your wardrobe, how many of them are bought on impulse? Turn around and look at the stuffs you have at home, how many of them remain unused for a decade? Think about the people in need, they do not have enough clothing for the extreme weather nor they have enough food to fill their stomach. We should not be tempted by the commercials and buy unnecessary things on impulse, consider the actual need when we go out and buy something!

Proverbs 3:18 tells us "keep falsehood and lies far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread." The author is wise enough to see through the truth behind rich and poverty, he dislikes them both. Too much or too less do not benefit us, we will boast ourselves if we got more than others, we can't survive if we got not enough support for living  from God. The just enough daily bread is the best option to us.

Father, thanks for giving us daily bread everyday, we know that all the things are from you and you have the full control of them. Give us the things we need for today and take away the worries, anxiety and hatred from us so that we can focus on you. In Jesus's Holy name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment