Monday, December 28, 2020

Try to please God instead of people!




NIV Galatians 1:10 Am I not trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.


When facing a dilemma, try to think about this verse to help sort it out: NIV Galatians 1:10 "Am I not trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." God is the creator of the world, He knows everything happening in the world while we don't. So why don't we leave everything with God who will work for our best?

Most of the time, we are tempted to seek a human solution to solve the problem in our lives. Abraham and Sarah did the same! God promised Abraham and Sarah that they would bear their son even though they were old. They can't wait for that and so Ishmael was born of the flesh. But God is merciful and He gave them Isaac 14 years after Ishmael's birth. Are we going to please God for all the things we do in the world? Remember that God's plan is always higher than ours!

Father, thank you for your unfailing promise to give us hope, faith, and love. Help us to be faithful servants of Christ by pleasing you instead of others in the world. We prayed in your son's Holy Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment