Friday, December 4, 2020

Craving for God!




NIV Psalm 42:1 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.


"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now am found, was blind but now I see..." Yes, this is the lyric from the song "Amazing Grace". Indeed, it is one of my favorite church songs. When I feel lost or go astray, I love listening to this song coz I believe that God will find and save me one day. After tasting the bitterness of failure and misunderstanding, it is easy for us to wonder where is God and why does He leave us alone.

Craving for God's presence helps us build a closer relationship with God. NIV Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God." The poet was in a desperate situation and was seeking God's salvation like a deer who longs for the stream. How hard it was without walking with God, we can be abandoned by the world but not God. God's omnipresence brings hope to our life.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for listening to our prayers. You know our needs and will work for our best behind the scene. Help us to have faith in you before seeing the things happen! In Jesus' victorious Name we prayed, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment