Saturday, December 19, 2020

Do something useful with your own hands to benefit others!



NIV Ephesians 4:28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.


Today, I wanna talk about what we do while working from home. I have to confess to God that I am not fully committed to my job when I am working from home. Working from home can be a double-edged sword, less pressure and distraction from the boss or others may enable me to work efficiently but at the same time, strong self-discipline is needed.

NIV Ephesians 4:28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need. This verse reminds me not to steal God's time when I am working from home. Yep, we are not working for our boss but God, so if we do something else besides our duties for the job, we are stealing God's time. No matter you like or hate your job, it is from God, so starting to stay focus at work for God to glorify His name instead of stealing time from Him!

Lord, thank you for providing us with opportunities to work for you. We know that when we ascend to Heaven, we do not need to work anymore. Help us cherish our jobs and work for your best to glorify your name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment