Monday, May 25, 2020

Be still!




Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." NIV


We are in the storm of unprecedented pandemic, many of us worry about health, safety and job security etc. Rumors spreading across countries, sometimes it is difficult for us to judge what is right and what is wrong. 

I feel anxious recently as something happened in my company, our business is severely affected by the lock down of cities. Some rumors said there will be a "layoff wave", some said our company will shut down branches locally and some said there will just be a temporary headcount freeze. Panic spread across us, but God tells me to be still and know that He is God.

Sunday sermon spoke to me by telling me God is faithful to us. His unfailing love will protect us from danger and having said that when God closes a door, He opens a window. He will provide what is the best to us and we should be joyful and faithful to Him all the time. Psalm 121:8 The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. NIV

(Matthew 6:9-13) Our Father in heaven, hallowed by thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven, Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and for ever. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment